UI Design Intern
KCF Technologies is on a mission to transform American Industry, solving problems that no one else will within the IIoT world. Our team develops technology and services that empower industrial businesses to improve performance and safety, reduce downtime, and optimize operations. Our wireless sensors and SMARTdiagnostics software offer real-time, continuous monitoring to give machines a voice, and our services team partners with customers to elevate workers. Employing smarts, grit, drive, autonomy, and responsibility at every step, we are committed to continuous innovation to bring the latest technologies to life to make the things we work and live with smarter! Learn more at www.kcftech.com
At KCF Technologies, we value autonomy, working smart, and doing things a little bit differently. Curious about what working at KCF is really like? Explore Life at KCF here! If you're an A-player who wants to be part of one of the most important companies revitalizing machine health across the world, KCF is the place for you. If our values resonate with you, please keep reading!
Smarts: We are humbly aggressive lifelong learners.
Grit: We are scrappy, proactive problem solvers who don't stop until the job is done.
Drive: We demonstrate an insatiable hunger to serve others.
Responsibility: We do the right thing and contribute to the greater good.
Autonomy: We own our work and define how we do it, while aligned with the greater mission.
Where You Come In:
KCF Technologies is seeking participants in many areas of study to contribute to our high-performing teams as part of the Future Innovators Internship Program . This 10-week, full-time paid program June 5 – August 11 will take place at our KCF Headquarters in-person, or remotely, depending on where home is for you and what your position is. With our work from home, work from anywhere policy, the choice of where to work is yours for most of our roles!
Our home base is our headquarters in State College, PA, but you will find KCF Teammates spread across 26 different U.S. States with our flexible remote model. We give you the autonomy to define how and where you do your best work!
What to Expect:
- A rewarding, challenging, and unparalleled 10-week summer internship experience
- Professional & technical developmental learning opportunities
- A full week at HQ filled with in-person onboarding, networking, team meetings and team building activities
- 1:1 Mentorship from an experienced KCF Ambassador
- Completion of a real-world capstone project, presented to executive leadership at KCF
- Gain confidence in marketing yourself and your work
- Broaden your network of like-minded, driven individuals & sharpen your skillset alongside innovative leaders in your field
- Resume required
- Online portfolio required
- Formal letter of intent optional
- Collaborating with the Product Design Team and cross-functional Squad to design experiences that align with business requirements and are validated by end users
- Contribute to the customization and evolution of KCF's design system
- Ensure design system is implemented consistently throughout hi-fidelity mockups/prototypes
- Build out functioning design prototypes in Figma to validate with clients and stakeholders
- Clearly communicate your design decisions to team members
- Work closely with our frontend teams to implement designs
- Assist the UX-UI Design & Research team with projects and tasks, as needed
- Currently enrolled in an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in UX/UI Design, Information Technology, Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design or any majors relating to these fields to graduate in 2023-2024 (aka Junior or Senior).
- Proficiency with Figma.
- Understanding of design concepts and strong ability to design applications with focus on usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Ability to wireframe and prototype working demo solutions quickly
- Familiarity with the creation and implementation of design systems
- Knowledge of Agile methodology and related tools
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
Perks & Benefits:
At KCF, we are committed to providing best-in-class benefits, engaging development opportunities, and powerful perks that are focused on bringing out the best in you.
Full-time benefits are as follows:
- 100% company-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums
- Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Hybrid work model for most positions, "work from home, work from anywhere"
- Competitive compensation & bonus opportunities
- Four weeks PTO; Paid Holidays + "Flex" Holiday
- 401(K) with company match
- Monthly cell and office expense stipend
- Learning Culture committed to growth and continuous development
At KCF Technologies, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The only things we require for employment, compensation, advancement and benefits are performance and a good team attitude. No one will be denied opportunities or benefits, and no employment decisions will be made, on the basis of race, religion/creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions, protected veteran status, medical condition, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, possession of a general education development certificate ("GED") as compared to a high school diploma, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal or state laws. KCF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which KCF has facilities.