Senior Business Project Manager - Remote
The primary purpose of this role is to have single-threaded ownership of delivering Business projects that are medium to large in size, highly complex, and that typically involve multiple work streams/functional groups. This includes responsibility for managing projects end-to-end through the planning, development, execution, and implementation stages, while adhering to the PMO framework. This role may also have people leadership responsibility for more junior project management staff and contractors. Overall, this role contributes to an organizational function that plays an important role in moving the organization forward by providing large-scale improvements across the business.
- Delivers multiple Business projects/programs medium to large size that are highly complex from planning to minimum realization with full responsibility and accountability for the outcomes; includes organizing and tracking project details and communicating consistently with project stakeholders and personnel
- Develops, analyzes, and manages all touch points of the project plan including responsibility for scheduling, global resource forecasting, managing project financials, and providing input and justification for costs and budget impact
- Owns the overall performance (timeline, budget, and resource utilization) of large projects against plan and works through the project team to implement adjustments when issues/risks are identified and require resolution
- Partners with IT/Business for requests for information (RFI) and requests for proposal (RFP) processes from 3rd parties
- Drives the work for complex and large project teams by recommending or requesting resources to support project demands, communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives, and provides technical knowledge and input for deliverables worked on by the team
- Holds project teams accountable for meeting or exceeding expectations by coordinating team activities and managing milestones and deliverables
- Controls and mitigates project risks/issues by performing the qualitative and quantitative analysis of scenarios and trigger events, planning response, establishing contingency plans, anticipating dependencies affected by ongoing project changes, and recommending ways to mitigate future risks
- Manages and ensures the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and senior/executive management
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on key metrics (ie, deliverables, measures of success, financials, duration, benefits) and communicating findings to program managers and senior/executive management. Facilitates necessary executive governance processes (ie SteerCos)
- Owns the project execution plan (ie, work breakdown structures) and business objectives (eg process design/re-design, change management, deployment approach, management and end user readiness), partnering with IT and/or Functional teams to translate business plans into tactical action items
- Participates in formal and informal training to continuously develop technical capabilities and project management skillset
- Ensures approved business cases exist for executive sponsored programs. Manages risks, issues, decisions and scope changes
- Applies deep functional knowledge (eg business objectives, operating model, cross-functional macro processes, etc.) in HR, IT, Finance, Stores, Pro, Supply Chain, Merchandising, and Digital to ensure the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders such as internal customers, third party vendors, and senior/executive management
- Partners with cross-functional Business leaders to identify and manage program inter dependencies
- Provides leadership to the team by attracting and hiring talented individuals, setting goals and communicating clear expectations, providing timely and constructive feedback as well as meaningful developmental opportunities, managing performance, providing resources and support as needed, and sponsoring and leading team members through change
- Manages expenses for initiatives within scope of responsibility
- 6 years' experience in program and project management
- 4 years leadership experience with direct report responsibility, comfortable managing teams with 5+ people. Expert in project life cycle methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc.), stakeholder. management, conflict resolution, executive communication (written, verbal, etc.).
- 6 years' experience developing project Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)/User Stories used to create project schedules and estimate
- Experience managing operational, program, and/or project financial budgets.
- Expert in leading project teams.
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement and Change Management methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration, Project Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Operations, Finance, Computer Science, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 4 years corporate experience, retail a plus.
- 6 years' experience in enterprise project planning and coordination and working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional solutions
- 4 years' experience using formal business process improvement methodologies
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 19 million customer transactions a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2021 sales of over $96 billion, Lowe's and its related businesses operate or service nearly 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.