BPM Low Code Engineer - Manager
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Management, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in end-user interaction in understanding and documenting business and functional requirements for complex projects and managing technical teams across the full software development life cycle, including the following areas:
- Designing and implementing Business Process Management (BPM) based solutions using Appian BPM software;
- Setting up client side architecture, installing software, and configuring for high performance and scalability;
- Designing and implementing complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies: Oracle, LDAP, Active Directory, etc.;
- Driving BPM adoption within client organizations by empowering client resource to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own;
- Assisting clients in identifying other business process opportunities that could be targeted with Appian’s software; and,
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building solid relationships with clients, developing an awareness of Firm services, communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success learning and performing in functional and technical capacities, including the following areas:
- Design/configuration, implementation/deployment, testing and management of enterprise software applications;
- Project Management Skills (Risk Management, Scope Management, Change Control, etc.);
- Software consulting, ideally in a Portal, BPM, DM or EAI related setting; and,
- Server architecture dealing with high availability environments.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisorymanager.
For positions in New York City, visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-a-advisorymanager